Thursday, November 13, 2008

The End

I've been thinking for a while about how to end this blog, and I can't think of an appropriate way to conclude a discussion on everything that aging and spirituality encompass. As I was talking to my dad about spirituality, he said that as he gets older he doesn't worry so much about what he has done wrong in his but more about the opportunities he had to do good, to help someone in need and did not do it.

Maybe that's all spirituality is, doing the right thing in the end and the guiding forces that lead us to determine what the right thing (for us) is. It is also in this sense that spirituality leads us in making decisions and choices for our lives. As people get older and enter the stages of generativity vs stagnation and integrity vs despair they tend to rely more on their spirituality in their desire to pass on experience, knowledge and wisdom as well as in their decision making.

No comments: